The Gateway to Old Town Temecula
Your search for Old Town Temecula hotels ends here. Our wine country hotel is conveniently located around the corner from the idyllic, tree lined streets of Old Town. Whether you're planning a girls retreat complete with antique shopping and a chic dining experience, or finalizing a family getaway to explore local history, you have come to the right place. Join us for spacious suite accommodations, complimentary amenities, and specially crafted Temecula hotel packages to complete your wine country experience.
Explore Old Town Temecula, CA
Located just one hour north of San Diego and one and a half hours south of Los Angeles, Old Town Temecula offers the perfect day trip or weekend escape for tourists and locals alike. Established in 1882 when the California Railroad put the valley on the map, this historic district offers unique local history combined with modern conveniences. Along with historical flair, the picturesque downtown backdrop is home to trendy boutiques, elegant restaurants, local wine tasting venues, a plethora of antique shops, and family-friendly attractions. No matter which season you plan to visit, an exciting Old Town Temecula event is awaiting. Top local destinations and events include:
- Old Town Temecula Community Theater: Combining historical traditions with modern style, the Old Town Temecula Community Theater offers two performance venues which host various musicals and local events. Located in the heart of Old Town, this historic theater gives locals and visitors the chance to experience a wide variety of dance performances as well as different genres of live music including jazz, country, classical, big band, and much more!
- Temecula Rod Run Event: Held bi-annually in March and October, the Temecula Rod Run brings car enthusiasts from across the country to Temecula to explore over 700 pre-1970s vehicles. Located less than a mile from our hotel, Temecula Rod Run is one of the biggest auto shows and charity events in Southern California. Event attendees also indulge in great food and entertainment from the local community.
- Street Painting and Plein Air Festival: Spectators gather downtown as the streets of Old Town are transformed into 3D chalk art pieces by hundreds of professional artists. Located just a mile from our hotel, this performance art demonstration showcases impressive street murals that are 100 sq. ft. or larger and created by over 100 professional artists. Spectators are able to dive into the action and paint their own work as well!
- Pennypickle's Workshop Temecula Children's Museum: Located in the heart of Old Town, this children's science museum offers hands-on exhibits perfect for a family getaway to Southern California. This award winning museum provides children with 7,500 sq. ft. of educational hands-on inventions and experiences that the whole family will enjoy!
- Temecula Western Days: Visit Temecula Western Days in the spring as Old Town Temecula emphasizes its historical roots and transforms into the Old West with gunfighters, exhibits, live western music, pony rides, calf roping lessons, a chili cook-off, and more! The whole family will love the Wild West experience at Temecula Western Days right here in Old Town.
- Temecula Restaurant Month: Held annually in January, Temecula Restaurant Month gives both residents and visitors the chance to enjoy special menus in participating restaurants throughout the area. Come taste and savor the variety of exquisite cuisines that Old Town Temecula has to offer.
Old Town Temecula Restaurants
In addition to the great shopping, trendy boutiques, and a strong sense of local history, Old Temecula is also home to over two dozen amazing locally owned restaurants. From sushi to Mexican to delicious gastropub fare, Old Town Temecula offers something for everyone. As you shop, sample wine, and explore the area, be sure to stop into one Old Town Temecula's best restaurants for great service and an awesome meal. Check out some of our favorite spots or pop into the Old Town restaurant that looks and smells the best!
Located in the heart of Old Town, 1909 Temecula features a menu of amazing American fare, an awesome pet-friendly patio, and one of the best brunches in Temecula. Home to the famous 1909 Burger, 1909 Temecula offers a laid back and inviting atmosphere where guests can unwind with a handcrafted cocktail, refreshing salad, or crab & shrimp empanadas. Don't miss 1909 for phenomenal takes on some of our favorite California classics!
With a spectacular outdoor patio, this house-turned-gastropub serves up elevated versions of American classics. With a fantastic draft list, live music, and a quirky and homey atmosphere, PUBlic House is one of Old Town Temecula's most unique and inviting restaurants. Stop by the PUBlic House for a sophisticated, but unpretentious twist on a traditional backyard party.
Crush and Brew
With a carefully curated menu designed to pair with locally produced wines and California craft beers, Crush & Brew serves up sophisticated versions of pub classics. With fish & chips, great burgers, lobster mac, and delicious flatbreads, and one of Old Town Temecula's finest beverage programs, Crush & Brew creates a welcoming atmosphere for people to socialize and enjoy a locally-sourced meal. If you're in the mood to sample some of Temecula's finest beers and wines, stop by Crush & Brew and drink like a local.
Enjoy elevated comfort food, America's finest bourbons, and a creative but rustic atmosphere when you check out Old Town Temecula's Blackbird Tavern. In addition to their hip restaurant space, Blackbird Tavern also features a spacious backyard with fire pits, picnic tables, and lawn games to help you enjoy the fresh Temecula air. Don't miss out on the Blackbird Tavern's delicious seasonal specials or the best brussels sprouts in all of Old Town.
Head up to the deck at Old Town Temecula's Gambling Cowboy for amazing views of the Temecula valley, amazing steakhouse fare, and great happy hour specials. With fun, frontier decor, some of Temecula's best steaks, and rustic southern classics, the Gambling Cowboy has been one of our favorite spots since 2009. Located in the heart of Old Town, the Gambling Cowboy offers one of the most unique and exciting dining experiences in Temecula.
It's Tabu Sushi
Stop into It's Tabu Sushi for creative sushi, great drinks, and some of Temecula's friendliest service. With beautifully plated dishes and a welcoming ambience, It's Tabu Sushi ranks as one of Old Town Temecula's best restaurants to share great wines and delicious food.
Luke's on Front
Enjoy amazing views of Old Town Temecula when you eat at Luke's on Front. Located above It's Tabu Sushi, the family-operated, fusion-style restaurant features live music, hand-crafted cocktails, and the perfect place to catch a Temecula sunset. Don't miss out on Luke's Ahi Tuna Burger or signature Crab Melt Sandwich as you unwind with innovative takes on comfort classics.
Insider Tips to Your Visit
We look forward to hosting your stay at our Old Town Temecula hotel. As your local insider, we're happy to share convenient tips to keep in mind while planning your visit to Old Town Temecula, CA.
- Planning your visit during the winter holidays offers a truly unique experience. Old Town is decorated from top to bottom with special touches throughout town including ice skating, carolers, and gift shops.
- There is ample parking available all over town.
- Stop by the State Shop and grab a map complete with local businesses and restaurants.